statistics
People Online: 8
Today's Visitors: 145
Total Visitors: 4,296,979
April 23, 2014, 05:21:28 AM
Shoutbox

lothaer beckons everyone over to you.
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: has anyone been able to take WIM to the beta yet?
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: PTR*
[DevTeam] [Maziel]: *sticks head up and looks around*
lothaer cries.
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: who the hell flagged my post as spam?
[Guest] [primalforce]: Hey guys
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: hello Primalforce.
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: PAZZA COME BACK!!!
[DevTeam] [Nachonut]: Ahhh memories
[Guest] [Ignis]: wtb update
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: soooo.....
Pazza starts to complain... Kinda reminds you of Sloans dont it?
[Guest] [Hentaya]: No more wiki?
[Guest] [Hentaya]: All the wiki links seem to bring me to the forums.
[Guest] [menace97]: the latest wim (3.5.9) i download still reads in-game as 3.4.2. ?
[Guest] [Hentaya]: Good thing the shoutbox doesn't have timestamps.
[Guest] [ravensong]: Is WIM going to be updated for the new patch? It gets a LUA error every time people log on bnet or pst me, because "
[Guest] [ravensong]: "surname" is now a nil value.
[Guest] [Dethedrus]: Since WiM is obviously quite dead, is there ANYTHING else out there that even comes close to replicating it's functionality?
[Guest] [Harshmage]: So the "surname" can be removed from the realID detection, in WIM.lua
[Guest] [Harshmage]: but fixing the tutorial popup and other errors is probably not going to happen without a major rework
[Guest] [menace97]: quite dead?
[Guest] [Nytetears]: I am trying out tell track I wish WIM would update I much prefer it but there are too many errors to try and use it now
[Guest] [Erudan]: Wim is being updated on Curse.
[Guest] [Chiaki]: Hello guys! I'm the one who did the German translation of WIM. The translation is somewhat old so tell me where to provide a new version .
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: Check out my new post in the General Discussion. Please report any errors as I can't check them myself.
lothaer pokes Pazza. Hey!
lothaer is overcome with boredom. Oh the drudgery!
lothaer roars with bestial vigor. So fierce!
lothaer cries.
lothaer falls asleep. Zzzzzzz.
lothaer , in quiet contemplation, mourns the loss of the dead.
lothaer tells a joke.
lothaer yawns sleepily.
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: Sylvanaar
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: 22/10/12
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: updated the download
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: check out my new post in the Skin thread
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: 11/11/12
[DevTeam] [lothaer]: 23/2/13
[Guest] [thekarn]: People Online: 12
[Guest] [Hentaya]: She leads the lonely life....
[Guest] [Hentaya]: 2013.0911
[Guest] [dardack]: just an FYI getCVar("realname" is gone, gotta use GetRealmName()
[Guest] [Hentaya]: You mean getCVar("realmname", right?
[DevTeam] [Nachonut]: Memories.......
Pazza starts to complain... Kinda reminds you of Sloans dont it?
Nachonut starts to complain... Kinda reminds you of Sloans dont it?
[DevTeam] [Nachonut]: Long live WIM!

News: World of Warcraft v4.0.1

Poll
Question: What did you think of this year's April Fool's Joke?
I loved it, amazing
It was ok
I have no feelings either way
I didn't like it
I hated it

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: 04/01/2009 - StarWars Episode 7  (Read 41981 times)
Pazza
Administrator

Effin A

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »

Quick reply regarding the April Fools Joke:

1. I am sorry if this scared the crap out of you. That wasn't my intention. I thought it would simply raise a brow and go "wtf?!". I guess that was my mistake. So if you want a formal apology. I'm sorry.

2. A quick way to stop the sounds which doesn't involve modifying code. Go into your addons directory and navigate to "WIM/Sounds" and delete the 2 files aping1.wav and aping2.mp3. You will no longer be bothered by Darth Vader and his crappy modem.

3. If you feel I betrayed your trust, don't. Or do for that matter. The choice is up to you. Whether you use WIM or not doesn't affect me. I don't get paid for the time I put into it. In fact, it costs me money. I've invested about $2,000 into it over the past 2 years in hosting to make it easily accessible for everyone.

4. It's April 1st everyone. I even wrote this storyline for it...

StarWars

Episode VII
The Wrath of Dialup

As the rebellion continues to strengthen after teaming up with both the

Alliance and the Horde to help destroy the empire, Vader tries to

sneak below radar by infiltrating Azeroth and tainting the minds of many

World of Warcraft players. Unfortunately, Vader's plan is foiled! After being

destroyed so many times, the Death Star is no longer equipped with

broadband, so Vader's only option is DIALUP! Vader's determination leads

him to continue his quest hoping that users will have their sound muted

as to take over their Warcraft experience undetected! God... What a noob!

Never Fear however, to help combat against Vader and his evil storm

troopers, you might get lucky and have R2-D2 come to your aid!

Good luck noobies round the world and may the force be with you!

My hobbies consume way too much time :-).
Lad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

AHAHHAHAHA Really Nice one the "Aprilfools" function !!!!! Tbh the first time i listen to that i belived it ... Tongue Then when i checked the code and saw the name of the function i just hit my head to the wall...AHAHAHHAHA /Salute
P.S Well if u pick up your phone is really dialing tbh !!! Check it :>
lothaer
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:23:57 PM »

i wonder how many people are gonna QQ

Titan Dev Team Member
Stewart
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »

it would appear to be lots of people
Viper007Bond

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:00:44 AM »

Wow, I'm seriously pissed off right now. And no, I'm not kidding. I just spent the past couple hours virus scanning, rebooting in safe mode, etc. thinking I had Conflicker (which kicks in today) or some other bullshit (WoW password stealing trojan or something) trying to dial out. I nearly had a heart attack and had to bail on my a raid with my friends thinking something was wrong with my PC.

Look, I appreciate a light hearted April Fool's joke as much as the next guy (I've enjoyed many of them today), but this one was in very poor taste. At least you could have had a dialog pop up or something shortly after logging in.
Bomyne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:16:10 AM »

Wow, I'm seriously pissed off right now. And no, I'm not kidding. I just spent the past couple hours virus scanning, rebooting in safe mode, etc. thinking I had Conflicker (which kicks in today) or some other bullshit (WoW password stealing trojan or something) trying to dial out. I nearly had a heart attack and had to bail on my a raid with my friends thinking something was wrong with my PC.

Look, I appreciate a light hearted April Fool's joke as much as the next guy (I've enjoyed many of them today), but this one was in very poor taste. At least you could have had a dialog pop up or something shortly after logging in.

I think it's a very funny joke.
blazeflack
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:03 AM »

I don't get it at all. Where's the joke? :S
Bomyne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 02:48:41 AM »

For me, all I did was login to my DK and I heard a computer dialing sound during login.

And since I'm broadband... Tongue

EDIT: and opened a WIM window makes a vader sound.
Viper007Bond

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 02:51:19 AM »

I think it's a very funny joke.

Where's the joke in it though? There isn't one.
NachoNut
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 03:21:37 AM »

For me, all I did was login to my DK and I heard a computer dialing sound during login.

And since I'm broadband... Tongue

EDIT: and opened a WIM window makes a vader sound.

LOL, hey look.. somebody with logic!

Best April fools ever imo
Stewart
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 03:31:13 AM »

indeed Nacho, it is good. If you're playing WoW, one of the following things will be happening:

1. You're on broadband in which case you either shouldn't have a modem, or should see its doing f/all
2. You're on dialup (in which case, you're going to struggle anyway) your modem is actually in use

In any event, those who don't want to trust WIM anymore should remember: the standard rules of addons apply. Unless you specifically run some exe that you happen to get with whatever addon, all addons can do is screw around with WoW's UI: Sounds, pictures, and UI windows.

Plus with conficker going round, more people being more security concious is always a good thing
Viper007Bond

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 03:54:02 AM »

1. You're on broadband in which case you either shouldn't have a modem, or should see its doing f/all

On broadband, but I thought my modem was connecting to something (gotta have it for faxes and such and too cheap to use an online service).

In any event, those who don't want to trust WIM anymore should remember: the standard rules of addons apply. Unless you specifically run some exe that you happen to get with whatever addon, all addons can do is screw around with WoW's UI: Sounds, pictures, and UI windows.

Plus with conficker going round, more people being more security concious is always a good thing

The first time I hear it, I thought it was unrelated to WoW as it happened only moments after midnight. The second time it happened is what made me end up Googling for a solution related to WoW.

My biggest problem with it was that it wasn't obvious what was going on or that it was WoW making the sound.
blazeflack
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »

I just got the dialup sound now when I logged in on my Warlock. For some reason it didn't play when I logged in first on my paladin.

Since there was no update to activate this I suppose it was time activated and will stop automatically aswell? (pretty please)
Stewart
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:20 AM »

I believe vader was the 'message recieved' sound.

You had to log in after midnight servertime for it to happen. (The wonderfully convenient function that was used to check the day was rather annoyingly based on server time rather than local time)
Bomyne

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:47 AM »

I just got the dialup sound now when I logged in on my Warlock. For some reason it didn't play when I logged in first on my paladin.

Since there was no update to activate this I suppose it was time activated and will stop automatically aswell? (pretty please)

For some reason it never happened on my priest who I logged onto first. But the priest is level 21, the DK is 70. Something related to level?

I believe vader was the 'message recieved' sound.
It happened to me whenever a wim message window was opened.

Viper007Bond: I think this virus has everyone a little... over jumpy... I mean, at anyone time there is over 15 million/billion viruses on the internet and many of them very destructive. A good antivirus and safe internet practices is all you need to protect your computer from it. All I did yesterday was update my antivirus. I didn't even worry about the virus.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

You must be logged in to send a message to the shout box.

test stamp